Source: Cameroon Tribune (6/21/07)
Here are some key facts and figures about the July 22, 2007 legislative and municipal elections in Cameroon:
1. For legislative elections, a total of 1,302 candidates are vying for the 180 seats in the National Assembly and 26,608 candidates for the 360 municipal councils.
2. 45 political parties have registered to participate in the legislative elections, and 33 for the municipal elections.
3. There are 21,874 polling stations distributed all over the national territory. The list of polling stations and the computerized electoral register will be published at least 20 days before the elections.
4. There are 5,004,549 registered voters, up from 4,700,113 for the 2004 presidential election.
5. 52,000 transparent ballot boxes will be used during the twin elections.